Use of Haunch Bar?
Haunch bar’s purpose is a wider section but I can try to simple for you in a short description.
- If a Haunch Bar is used in the bottom of the tank and other load-bearing structures from the side, then it will provide extra strength or retain shear form on the wall because the wall will work like a cantilever.
- If Haunch Bar is used in Corner of the tank and other structures i.e. retaining wall then it will reduce the stress developed in the Corner portion and will carry more shear force.
Haunch Bar's the type of design that provided major bridges to resist the water pressure and share resistance this type of bar is called the Hunching bar.
Haunch Bar’s the type of design that provided major bridges to resist the water pressure and share resistance this type of bar is called the Hunching bar.
- Improve Shear resistance
- Avoid leakage
- Improve load caring capacity of side
- Decrease pressure
Also Read: Haunch Bar Cutting Length
Application of Haunch bar
- Haunch bars in water tanks
- Retaining wall
- Box culverts
- Swimming pool
- retaining structure elements in the dam
Also Read: Bar Bending Schedule for Column Excel sheet
The Civil Experiences always keeps updating our Articles/posts with the latest civil engineering news, Structural Engineering Career tips, exam papers, Answer links Jobs & Information. So, Don’t forget to bookmark the Civil Experiences website and Please share this link with your friends to help them.