The body of a human being is made by the combination of many organs same as staircase construction involved many components so Effective staircase ideas is not possible without proper guidelines. I am sure you agree with me?
Members of Staircase | Staircase Parts
Staircase stringer is a spinal cord of staircase means structural component which is provided on either side or in centre of staircase flight in which risers and treads are fixed
A combination of beam slab is economical from the aesthetic viewpoint, one beam without slab is provided with a hanging step i.e. cantilever on both sides of the beam
General Introduction of Stair Stringer
The stringer is the structural member of staircase parts
In the RCC stairs, steps are constructed over a stair slab which width equal to the length of steps
In Non-RCC stairs such as wood, steel, or other composite materials are used in the stringer
In recent modern luxury homes or offices, metal stairs material is widely used due to their high load-carrying capacity and attractive look
Components of Staircase
- Some important key element of staircase parts before staircase design
|Components of Staircase
Domiriat, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
- A riser is a vertical member/surface of the staircase, which keep vertical distance between one step and the next step
- A riser is created slightly inclined so that is closer to the base for the person climbing the stairs
- A tread is a horizontal portion that provides support for a foot place on it
- Center beam is provided at the centre of the staircase
- Landing is a flat area near a step-down or up a ladder
- It a combination of riser and tread
- Staircase Nosing knows as stair ending which is an overhang where riser and tread meets
- To enhance the durability and visibility also as per requirement
Glass Staircase railing
- Staircase railing is an attractive visual effect to create spaces to make staircase light flow feel more significant; glass staircase railing adds a great look and more value to the home and office
- The portion of the staircase between two landings or the full length of the staircase which contain steps if no landing provided
Different Type of Stair Stringer
#1 Single Stair Stringer
- Single Stair Stringer knew as a mono beam stair stringer
- Metal Sheet is used at the centre of the staircase to support all member of the staircase
- All force and reaction transferred via shear
#2 Double Stair Stringer
- In Double stair stringer, we have two bases that run from top to bottom
- The stringers are 6″ apart and usually located in the middle of the stairs, solid hardwood is used for the steps
- Consider a one-way slab on the short side to the edge beam and the edge beam transfer to direct the reaction force to the landing beam
#3 Routed Stair Stringer or Housed Stair Stringer
- It consists of notches that include treads, risers, and wedges that can be inserted also known as box stringers
- It contains notches that include treads, risers, and wedges that can be inserted also known as box stringers
Setting up Handrails And Base Rails
When you are installing a handrail, it is important to check the local building codes for the handrail’s height before you purchase materials or begin your project. Some important points provide below by porch.com
- Measure and mark the wall to be sure your line is straight, and the brackets lineup so your railing will be installed properly. It is important to keep your railing running at the same angle as your stairs.
- Measure your corners and make a paper template before cutting your railings.
- Mitre, glue and bracket your returns and keep in place until the glue dries. It is useful to have an assistant to help you install a handrail against a wall.
- Baserails run at the bottom of the banister, parallel to the stairs.
- Spindles fit into the base rail at the bottom and the handrail at the top to keep a uniform distance between them.
- Base rails and handrails for banisters are often identical or very similar, so it is easy to keep the spindles in place and create an organized appearance. The typical cost to install a stair rail and balusters tends to run anywhere from $700 for a simple project up to $10,000 for a more complex job. Check the building code for the distance between spindles. Anything not up to code can be hazardous for your construction project.
- Read more information regarding Create the Staircase of your Dreams with more detailed artcle such as
- How to Create the Staircase of your Dreams
- Steps to a DIY remodel of your… steps
- Keep up with the latest styles
- Types of staircase
- Safety concerns
- Babies and Pets
- Limited mobility
- Stylish Staircases