Basic Civil Engineering Viva Questions
Basic Civil Engineering Top Viva Questions [Must Read] | [Top] Civil Engineer Interview questions asked in Top Companies
What Are The Skills Required to Become an Architect?
- Conceptual understanding of designing models
- Basic knowledge of computer and architect related software programs
- Designing 3D models
- Engineering ability
- Business aptitude
- Legal knowledge
What are The Steps Involved in Building Construction?
There are different steps involved in luxury Building construction like,
- Masonry work
- Plastering work
- Flooring work
- Steel cutting and Bending
What Is The Ratio Of Grades M5, M7.5, M10, M15, M20, M25, M30, M35, M40?
M5 – 1:5:10
M7.5 – 1:4:8
M10 – 1:3:6
M15 – 1:2:4
M20 – 1:1.5:3
M25 – 1:1:2
M30, M35, M40 – RMC Design Mix Followed you can create your mix design by excel spreadsheet with civil experience excel sheet
What Are The Types of Cement?
There are various types of cement which are:
- Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC)
- White Portland Cement (WPC)
- Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
- Quick Setting Cement
- Low Heat Portland Cement
- Coloured Portland Cement
- Hydrophobic cement
- Rapid Hardening Cement
- Portland Slag Cement
- Extra Rapid Hardening Cement
- Super Sulphated Cement
- Sulphate resisting Portland Cement, etc.
The maximum value of throw of the switch for a broad gauge track is
Which is the equation used for calculating the unit weight of the steel bar?
What are the functions of grout inside tendon ducts?
Grout in prestressing works serves the following purposes:
- Protect the tendon against corrosion.
- Improve the ultimate capacity of the tendon.
- Provide a bond between the structural member and the tendon.
- In case of failure, the anchorage is not subject to all strain energy.
Explain what are the problems one might face while having a Cantilever balcony?
Cantilever balconies are usually unsupported and extend outwards, so the problem with Cantilever balconies are
- Excess deflection or bounce
- Weakness of the deck structure
- Rot and water damage to the interior of the house
- Unevenness inside the house
- Can't use the balcony for gardening or other purposes as it is not designed to lift excess amount of weight
What do you understand by segregation?
Segregation is defined as a process of filtering cement & sand separately from the concrete mixture.
In other words, segregation is caused due to vibration between materials forming concrete.
One material being high in weight & one being less tend to be uneven while in a liquid state. The heavier material gets settled at the bottom of the concrete & lighter material moves on top.
Read the detailed article all about segregation from “Segragation of concrete“
What is OTS in House Plan or OTS Full Form in Houses?
When anyone talks about OTS, then most people do not know what is Ots in House and What is Ots in House OTS Full Form in Houses Plan and OTS meaning in the house plan.
OTS meaning in the plan is explained, first, you should understand What is OTS Full Form in luxury homes Plan is.
OTS Full Form in Houses Plan is Open To Sky.
Read the detailed article all about OTS from “OTS in House Plan“
We always keep on updating our posts to the latest papers, Answer links & Information. So, please click for saving website and please do share this link with your friends or Join us