A Green Building is a building that, in its design, construction or operation, reduces or eliminates negative impacts, and can create positive impacts, on our climate and natural environment.
Green buildings preserve precious natural resources and improve our quality of life.
Important of Green Building | Benefits of Green Building
This importance of the green building is also considered a benefit of green building. The question comes in an exam like Write the benefits of green building.
There are a number of features that can make a building ‘green’. These include:
- Efficient use of energy resources, water, and other major important resources
- Use of renewable energy, such as solar energy
- Pollution and waste reduction measures, and the enabling of re-use and recycling
- Air quality is improved to a better level
- Use of materials that are non-toxic, ethical, and sustainable
- Consideration of the environment in design, construction, and operation
- Consideration of the quality of life of occupants in design, construction, and operation
- A design that enables adaptation to a changing environment
Any building can be a green building, whether it’s a home, an office, a school, a hospital, a community center, or any other type of structure, provided it includes the features listed above.
However, it is worth noting that not all green buildings are – and need to be – the same. Different countries and regions have a variety of characteristics such as distinctive climatic conditions, unique cultures, and traditions, diverse building types and ages, and wide-ranging environmental, economic, and social priorities – all of which shape their approach to green building.
This is why WorldGBC supports its member Green Building Councils and their member companies in individual countries and across regions, to pursue green buildings that are best suited to their own markets.
To get involved in your own country’s transformation to green buildings, please contact or join your local Green Building Council.
The five principles of green building:
- Livable communities
- Energy efficiency
- Indoor air quality
- Resource conservation
- Water conservation
The Civil Experiences always keeps updating our Articles/posts with the latest civil engineering news, Structural Engineering Career tips, exam papers, Answer links Jobs & Information. So, Don’t forget to bookmark the Civil Experiences website and Please share this link with your friends to help them.