Today in this civil experience – Best civil engineering blog article we share quick civil engineering study notes, also consider as Civil Engineering important tips for civil engineers.
So just bookmark this page for future reference and help your friends by sharing this important article.
10 Basic Rules For Design of Column
- Minimum size of column 225 mm * 225 mm (9″ * 9″).
- Choose a square column, if the load acts at the axis of the column.
- Choose the Rectangular column, if the load acts at the eccentric axis of the column.
- Lapping length for column is 48d.
- Minimum 4 numbers of longitudinal bars are required for square & rectangular columns and a minimum 6 numbers of reinforcement bars are required for circular column design during construction work projects.
- Minimum dia of the longitudinal bar is 12 mm and the minimum dia of a lateral tie is 8mm.
- Longitudinal bars should be duck legs to link with the foundation.
- The minimum area of reinforcement percentage is 0.08% and the maximum is 6% of column cross-section.
- M20 grade concrete & Fe-500 steel used for column.
- Spacing between ties not greater than 100 mm for zone A and not greater than 150 mm for zone B.
The Civil Experiences always keeps updating our Articles/posts with the latest civil engineering news, Structural Engineering Career tips, exam papers, Answer links Jobs & Information. So, Don’t forget to bookmark the Civil Experiences website and Please share this link with your friends to help them.