How to use staad pro software: Staad Pro Software is an integrated suite of tools for structural analysis and design developed by URS Corporation. It provides engineers with powerful and intuitive graphical interfaces for analyzing and designing structures. But Didn't know how to use Bentley staad pro then here is a quick guide for you by The Civil Experiences.
The Civil Experiences always keeps updating our Articles/posts with the latest civil engineering news, Structural Engineering Career tips, exam papers, Answer links Jobs & Information. So, Don’t forget to bookmark the Civil Experiences website and Please share this link with your friends to help them.
BASIC STEPS OF Staad Pro Software
Structural analysis and design are important points of view in civil engineering.
3D analysis of any kind of structure is not possible by manual calculation means while some structural design software like STAADPRO, ETAB, Midas gen, SAP2000 etc have made this process simple and quick process with more accurate results in Bentley staad pro.
Steps to follow for analysis and design of any structure in Staad Pro
- Creating a project file with the suitable filename
- Fixing the units
- Generate GEOMETRY as per input dimensions by JOINT COORDINATES and MEMBER INCIDENCE command
- Apply ALL CHECKS from the tools command
- Apply RENUMBERING command
- Apply REDEFINE INCIDENCE command
- Specify RELEASES
- Assign SUPPORTS
- Assign MEMBER PROPERTY as per codal provision and self-judgement of experience
- Check MEMBERS WITHOUT PROPERTY
- EZ CHECKS. (Apply load in different directions in different cases to understand load path etc.)
- Assign LOADING to floors and other structural components
- Define LOAD COMBINATIONS
- Run ANALYSIS after defining Perform Analysis Command
- Check for ERRORS, NOTES & WARNINGS
- Define LOAD LIST for design
- Assign DESIGN PARAMETERS also Define design code i.e., IS 456 or IS 13920
- Provide CHECK CODE command or DESIGN command
- TRIAL & ERROR for section sizes
- Define TAKE OFF command