In this Civil Experience article, we learn about DPC Full Form in Civil Engineering, definition, functions, What is Meaning of DPC, the history of damp proof course, Type of DPC materials, Properties of Material for DPC, Requirements for DPC Materials, General Principles for Damp Proof Course.
DPC Full Form in Civil Engineering | Full Form of DPC
In short, after properly reading this article you will get all the useful information regarding D.P.C. in Civil Engineering share it with friends, and join us from the below socials links for this type of more learning.
DPC Full Form in Civil Engineering and Waterproofing
The full form of DPC in construction is a damp proof course and what is dpc full form in civil engineering?
DPC full form in civil engineering is a Damp Proof Course.
|Full form of DPC in Civil Engineering|
Question is asked come in exam or interview such as full form of dpc in building construction, DPC ka full form, dpc construction full form in Hindi (डी पी सी का फुल फॉर्म), dpc full form in construction is (डैम्प प्रूफ कोर्स) and DPC ka full form in English is damp proof course.
What is Meaning of DPC | DPC Meaning in Construction
DPC in construction/meaning is the damp-proof layer of waterproof material used in the Wall of the building near the ground to prevent from rising damp.
The term DPC emerged during the Victorian era and is commonly found in building construction from around 19 century.
Damp proofing or damp proof in construction is a type of moisture control application applied to building walls and floors to prevent from passing into the interior space.
Dampness problems are looking so unnatural, it's fade the interior and exterior designing of your building and degrees its life.
Properties of Material for DPC
- DPC Materials should be impervious which does not permit moisture penetration.
- DPC material should be durable as long as building a life.
- The material of DPC should be strong enough to resist the live load and a dead load of the structure.
- Content must remain stable in its position.
- The material must not be much costly.
Requirements for Damp Proof Course (DPC) Materials
- It should be impervious.
- It should be flexible.
- It should be easy to carry out leak proofing joints.
- It should be stable.
- It should be durable. Its life should be as much as the life of building itself.
- It should resist the load safely.
- It should not contain sulfates, chloride, and nitrates
- It should be cheap.
The DPC should be of 40mm thickness and should be of uniform thickness. It should not be provided at the locations of the door openings. The top level of DPC should match the planned finished floor level.
DPC Material Used For Damp Proof Course | Type of DPC Materials
- Rubber sheet
- Mastic asphalt
- Metal sheets
- Plastic sheets, etc
The above list is the DPC material that is generally used for DPC work in luxury building construction for waterproofing.
Type of Damp Proof Course Materials
DPC materials are mainly categorized into three major parts as described below
Flexible Material for DPC
The material which can be stretched by any means is known as flexible.
Some examples of Flexible materials are listed below
- Rubber sheet
- Plastic sheet, etc.
Semi-Rigid Material for DPC
The material which is not flexible or rigid is known as semi-rigid material.
Examples of Semi-Rigid Materials for DPC are listed
- Mastic asphalt.
Rigid Material for DPC
The material which is not flexible and solid and rough in nature is known as a rigid material.
Examples of Rigid Material for DPC are listed
- Concrete, etc.
General Principles for Damp Proof Course
- Damp proofing course should be so laid that it should provide continuous projection.
- It should be horizontal or vertical.
- A horizontal damp proofing course should cover the full thickness of walls, excluding rendering.
- The damp proof course should not be kept exposed on the wall surface, otherwise, it may get damaged during finishing work.
- When a horizontal damp proof course is continued to the vertical face, a cement concrete fillet of about 75 mm radius should be provided at the junction.
- At junctions and the corners of the walls, the horizontal damp proof course should be laid continuously.
- The mortar bed supporting the damp proof course should be even and leveled and should be free from projections so that the damp proofing course is not damaged.
If you want some best Damp Proof Course Supplier lists then please put your request in the comments box so we can prepare the top Damp Proof Course Supplier for you.
FAQ 1: What is DPC Full Form in Civil Engineering?
The full form of DPC in construction is a damp proof course and what is dpc full form in civil engineering?DPC full form in civil engineering is a Damp Proof Course.
FAQ 2: What is Meaning of DPC?
DPC is the damp-proof layer of waterproof material used in the Wall of the building near the ground to prevent from rising damp.
FAQ 3: What is the Properties of Material for the Damp Proof Course?
1. DPC Materials should be impervious which does not permit moisture penetration.
2. DPC material should be durable as long as building a life.
3. The material of DPC should be strong enough to resist the live load and a dead load of the structure.
4. Content must remain stable in its position.5. The material must not be much costly.
FAQ 4: What are the Requirements for Damp Proof Course (DPC) Materials?
1. It should be impervious.2. It should be flexible.3. It should be easy to carry out leak proofing joints.4. It should be stable.5. It should be durable. Its life should be as much as the life of building itself.6. It should resist the load safely.7. It should not contain sulfates, chloride, and nitrates8. It should be cheap.
FAQ 5: How many Types of DPC Materials?
1. Bitumen2. Rubber sheet3. Mastic asphalt4. Concrete5. Bricks6. Stones7. Mortar8. Metal sheets9. Plastic sheets, etc