Factors Consider Dam Site Selection | Factor Affecting Selection of Dam Site Selection
Dam Site Selection
The Factors Consider Dam Site Selection (selection of dam site) for constructing a dam should be governed by the following factors.
Factor Affecting Selection of Dam Site Selection
- A suitable foundation for dam construction must be available.
- The length of the construction dam should be as small as possible from an economic point of view, and for a given height, it should store the maximum volume of water.
- A suitable site for the spillway should be available in the near point of the vicinity.
- The general bed level at the dam site should preferably be higher than that of the river basin. This will reduce the height of the dam.
- Materials required for the construction of dams should be easily available, either locally or in the near vicinity.
- The value of land and property submerged by the proposed dam should be as low as possible.
- The dam site should be easily accessible so that it can be economically connected to important towns and cities.
- A site for establishing labour colonies and a healthy environment should be available near the site.
Above all Factors consider the dam site selection process but if you know other factors which are not in this list then please tell your point that in the comments so other can also know your expertise in Factor Affecting Selection of Dam Site Selection topic and learn better.