Steps for Analysis and Design of any Structure in Staad Pro
BASIC STEPS OF STADPRO
structural analysis and design is an important point of view in civil engineering.
3D analysis of any kind of structure is not possible by manual calculation means while some structural design software like STAADPRO, ETAB, Midas gen, SAP2000 etc have made this process simple and quick process with more accurate result.
Steps to follow for analysis and design of any structure in Staad Pro
- Creating a project file with suitable file name
- Fixing the units
- Generate GEOMETRY as per input dimensions by JOINT COORDINATES and MEMBER INCIDENCE command
- Apply ALL CHECKS from tools command
- Apply RENUMBERING command
- Apply REDEFINE INCIDENCE command
- Specify RELEASES
- Assign SUPPORTS
- Assign MEMBER PROPERTY as per codal provision and self judgement of experience
- Check MEMBERS WITHOUT PROPERTY.
- EZ CHECKS.(Apply load in different directions in different cases to understand load path etc.)
- Assign LOADING to floors and other structural components
- Define LOAD COMBINATIONS
- Run ANALYSIS after defining Perform Analysis Command
- Check for ERRORS, NOTES & WARNINGS.
- Define LOAD LIST for design
- Assign DESIGN PARAMETERS also Defining design code i.e., IS 456 or IS 13920
- Provide CHECK CODE command or DESIGN command
- TRIAL & ERROR for section sizes
- Define TAKE OFF command