Necessity of Doubly Reinforced Section - Civil Experience
In This article,
I Briefly explain about what is doubly reinforced beam, when the doubly reinforced beam is provided (adopted) and Necessity of Doubly Reinforced Section
The beam can be defined as a structural element that transfers structural load and resists bending. Its mode of deflection is primarily by bending.
If Concrete play a role in making beam then it's called as a Concrete beam
Reinforced Concrete beam
If Concrete and reinforcement play a role in making beam then it's called as a Reinforced Concrete beam or RCC beam
By Using of reinforcement position Reinforced Beam are further divided into two type
- Singly Reinforced Beam
- Doubly Reinforced Beam
What is doubly reinforced beam?
|Doubly Reinforced Section|
What is the necessity of doubly R.C. Beam?
- To increase the depth of the beam
- To use a higher grade of concrete, to improve M.R.
- To provide reinforcements in the compression zone of the beam, to increase M.R.
Doubly R.C. Beam DEFINITION
- when it is not possible or dimensions (breadth x depth) of the beam are restricted to increase the depth of beam due to architectural purpose
- To get more headway in the rooms
- When the beam is subjected to reversal of stresses
- When subjected to an external load may cause tension on both faces of the member
- When subjected to sudden load like in case of earthquakes
- For pre-cast beams
- When subjected to eccentric loading