Splicing of Reinforcement Bars - Civil Experience
It is type of joint in which two bar are wind up so that the force are transfer from one bar to another bar safely. Note:- Normally Splicing provided for th...
Important point keep in mind for providing Splicing of bar For construction
It is a type of joint in which two bars are wind up so that the force is transfer from one bar to another bar safely.
Before reading this article must-read " What is lapping length in reinforcement bar" for Definition and type of joint
- Normally Splicing of Reinforcement Bars provided for bar diameter which is less than 36 mm and after larger diameter of the bar we provided welding foe joint
- If the Diameter of bar greater then 36 mm prefer welded joint
- To avoid the failure of joint the diameter of Splicing of Reinforcement Bars is restricted
- If two different diameter bar is to be spliced for lap length calculation take the smaller diameter of Splicing of Reinforcement Bars
- The splicing should not be done at the center of beam & at the support
The splicing should be done where the bending Moment less than or equal to (<=) 50% of MR (Moment of resistance)